Friday, May 4, 2007

Who Stole the Soul?


Is it just me, or are there any other R&B music fans out there that have been wondering who stole the soul? I mean, all we ever seem to see is Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce. Are there any other R&B artists out there who can sing, because a majority of the other pickings have pretty faces but lack the soul.

I'm not afraid to name call, regarding my last comment, so I'll just say this...Why does Amerie keep recording? While the trick with the mike was cute in the "Promise" video, can Ciara do some vocal tricks as well? And Janet. My girl Janet. Her beauty can't be denied, but for her to be a veteran, why do most of her recordings contain music that's louder than her voice?

Robbers of R&B, I encourage you to please bring back the soul! Record labels, I beckon you, to please invest in the careers of the women who encapsulate soul in their bones, without the digital tricks of today's recording process. I'm talking about women like Chaka Khan, Gladys Knight, and Patti Labelle, who have all been dropped from major labels to make room for the young'uns of today.

And for the Ne-Yos, Lloyds, and Marques Houstons: there is only one true king in R&B that you all seem to think you are both vocally and on the dance floor. His name is Michael jackson. And like Christians and Jesus, I am waiting for his return, so he can show you how both are really done.

1 comment: