Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Cello Rondo


Who would think such an eccentric looking man could make such beautifully rhythmic music? If you haven't seen "A Cello Rondo: Amazing Video of a Song Composed Entirely of 37 Cello Parts," I strongly suggest you check it out. Putting the video aside, "A Cello Rondo" will leave you awe-stricken. This is a classical piece composed by Ethan Winer that exudes creativity, replete with a melancholy change halfway through the six-minute-plus composition.

Now don't get me wrong, the video is far from amazing. It's quite quirky, in fact. Seeing, however, the composer's dexterity on the cello is breath-taking. I was surprised that some of the instrumentation was composed entirely on a cello and not with additional string or percussion instruments. When watching the video, Winer helps one see how his work came to life, and is a great supplement for any unbelievers out there. I would have been one if I did not see the video.

So if you're looking for a great piece of music to listen to, check out "A Cello Rondo." And Mr. Winer, if you're reading this, I'd love for you to make your track available to iTunes. I'd gladly purchase it for ninety-nine cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment