Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The State of the Music Industry




Since there isn't much going on in terms of hot music right now, I just wanted to say that I hope things get better. I am presently working on my colloquy (Master's Thesis) about how the industry is really going down hill with each decade. There is no originality anymore, and I don't have the impulse to buy music like I used to. (Maybe that's a good thing. I'll have more money in my checking account...not!)

Concert prices are ridiculous, so I guess there will be a few artists I just won't get to see before I die, like Madonna, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, and George Michael. Speaking of which, why is he charging $254.50 for tickets when he comes to Madison Square Garden? George, I like you, but I don't like you that much!

And I really wanted to see him too! He's such a handsome man with a velvet voice! I guess I'll have to watch my DVD collection of him and listen to my CDs instead.

Music industry! This is not the way to make up the deficit you have in CD purchases! Artists! Stop charging these asinine amounts for fans to come and see you! Music is the saving grace for many, but now it's just becoming insanely expensive to get a little bit of basic entertainment.

That's it. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment