Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Floetry is Dead. "Floetic Soul" Lives!!!



Gone are the locks. ( I will miss them!) Gone is Marsha. We devoted fans have the memories of "Floetic," "Floacism," and "Flo'Ology." Now it's time for "Floetic Soul."

This is grown folks' music. I'm very happy The Floacist, aka Natalie Stewart, released a seductive and uplifting collection of tunes that reminds you of the Floetry days yet unveils her own flavor and lets you know Floetry is a thing of the past.

Now I'm not gonna lie, I'm putting money on The Floacist succeeding and hope she outsells Marsha because in my opinion, she's the one with stage presence, sensuality, and artistry. I know some of you will disagree, but listen to "Floetic Soul" and leave me a comment and tell me if you differ.

My favorite tracks on this project are: "Breathe," "Need You," "You," "Alright Then" and of course, "Forever." "Floetic Soul" is pure sensuality and positivity, a refreshing musical retreat from a diminished music scene where the lyrics are all the same and bore me.

The Floacist proves that she is an artist in her own solo right. Good luck to you girl! Represent the lyricists, the evolutionists, and the woman who is not afraid to go bald and represent her femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment