Friday, April 16, 2010

Maxwell, What the Hell?!!!




Just when I begin to accept that the 'fro is gone! Just when I start diggin' "BLACKsummers'night" to the point that "Bad Habits" and "Cold" stay on repeat. Just when I get over not being able to attend the concert you did with Chrisette Michele, I get excited when I see you touring with Jill Scott. Then I'm torn because you add a date at the Garden with Badu. Then my heart is crushed when I see the top ticket price is $256.50 at both shows. Maxwell, what the hell? You're breaking my heart all over again! Please, bring back the 'fro!

Baby, I miss that falsetto! It's not as sweet as it was on the Mellosmoothie mix of "Sumthin' Sumthin'." Nevertheless, I was ready to see you, baby, you and one of my girls. Why can't you have a menage-a-tois, with Jill and Badu on the same bill with you in the middle and bring that top ticket price down so I can hear that sexy voice when it speaks and look up at you with naughty thoughts while you perform and long for that 'fro again?

Is it just me, or is anyone else having a hard time during this recession? Maxwell, baby, I like ya, but I've got many other things I could do with $256.50, and buying a ticket way up in the air at Madison Square Garden is not one of them. If I can't see you up close, then I'll just listen to your sweet voice on my ipod instead.

Written with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment