Friday, April 16, 2010

The Return of the Bootay!!!




All right! I finally have some inspiration to return to this blog and it would be Erykah Badu, or shall I say her bootay, in particular, that got me back on track!

By now, with all the controversy, you have seen the "Window Seat" video. Now I've been reading some really unsavory things online about people's opinion of it and her, so Ms. Bootay, better known as Badu, I just want to say, go on with yourself!

There's no shame in my game. When I first watched it, I was hoping you would take it all off, but when you did, my mouth dropped open and I had to shut it and call myself cornbread!

Nonetheless, I love the artistic message and the retro evolution at the end, replete with the beads. I love the use of the JFK audio and the guts to film where he was assassinated. But most importantly, I love the bootay! I was like, damn! I give female props where they are due, and Ms. Badu, the bootay is nice!!!

But I shan't be so shallow. "The Return of the Ankh" is a nice comeback. I must admit, I think I'm still more partial to "New Amerykah Part One..." because it's got that Curtis Mayfield, socio-political, tell-it-like-it-T-I-is, thang going on, but I must say, I am feeling "Out My Mind, Just in Time," "Agitation," "Fall in Love (Your Funeral), "Incense," and of course, "Window Seat," 'cause I can relate to all these depending on my mood and what I choose to recall of my past relationships at any given point in time.

But Badu, for real though, what's up with "You Loving Me (Session)?"

And in case you haven't seen the video, check it out and comment for yourself.

The Infamous Window Seat Video

No comments:

Post a Comment