Sunday, August 22, 2010

Avery*Sunshine is Divine



I knew the minute I saw this sister's photo on iTunes with the short 'do she had something deep to say. Avery*Sunshine is a human artist. What I mean by that is, she is not pretending to have a flawless image. She presents herself as a woman who knows she is prone to making human mistakes and wanting life to go her way as we are all human and wish for ourselves at some time or another. That is why I am feeling "Ugly Part of Me," a song about knowing when you've said or done the wrong thing in your lover's presence but are human enough to admit your mistake and acknowledge the temporary absence of beauty in your being.

Another song I love and can relate to is "All in My Head," a song about knowing when the delusional state of your mind may be blocking reality in how you view your mate. And who can't relate to "Pinin' "? This is another reality check about that lover who got away that you can't get out your head. And finally, "Today," when things just don't go your way and you feel like you're about to break. (Love the chat with mommy at the end. It makes me smile every time I hear it. I miss you, ma!)

So while the lyrics may sound like mini-thunderstorms, the music, the voice, and these songs are pure Sunshine.

Preview "Avery*Sunshine" on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment