Sunday, August 22, 2010

This "Godchild" is Pure Joy!!!



I love discovering artists who are original and not afraid to express their individuality in a musical climate that has created cookie cutter images that are just plain boring. That is why I hope EVERYONE who loves R&B, soul, or just good damn music will listen to "Godchild" by Joy Jones. Better yet, BUY JOY JONES' "GODCHILD" CD!

Ms. Jones, the cover alone is simply divine, but I was sold the minute I heard such rhythmic tracks like "Promised Land" and "This Joy." I love the lyrics throughout this project, so inspirational for the Black Woman divine. "Beautiful" and "Glass Boxes" are pure gems that honor the Black Woman's physique. And for those on personal spiritual journeys, I recommend indulging in the lyrical content of "Nomad," "Constellations," and "Over," the latter being a song about dealing with a loved one's transition. I thank you for putting this wonderful project on iTunes. It has become a favorite of mine, and I listen to it practically EVERY DAY because it is so uplifting. And thank you for stepping out of the box musically and giving music listeners like me a reason to write and know that there are artists out there breathing new life into the music industry.

Give me some feedback people and let me know if you agree that Joy Jones is wonderful discovery.

Preview "Godhchild" on ITunes

No comments:

Post a Comment